cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help creating keyword that creates a sequential value

Vicky_Wade
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Think more on the lines of a Ticket number keyword. That we could specify a begining prefix and add a YYYY value to the end.

4 REPLIES 4

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Autonumber Keywords are probably your best bet, but I'm pretty sure you can only do a number, no prefix or suffix.

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I'd do what John said, and if you need to wrap text around it, then have a script concatenate the numeric value with the alpha and store it in a different keyword.

I have not tried this, but I believe that I read that version 12 would allow concatenation of property values.  If this is true then you could build a string with the alpha and numerals then store that as a different keyword using a workflow task list.

If you are using an e-form, you could have the form create the new keyword on the page load event.

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Yes, I just tested property concatenation in OnBase 12 a few days ago and it worked like a charm. If you really need a prefix or suffix and not just a number, and you have OnBase 12, that would be the best option I think.

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Thanks for the validation John!  

Cheers,
Seth

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.