cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foldering Help - Only 1 of 2 child folders is being auto-created

Deb_Micinski
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have 1 parent folder created with two child folders.  One child folder called DOCUMENTS appears to be working fine, however, the 2nd child folder called AWARD LETTERS is not being auto created ... but used to work fine.

I'm fairly new to OnBase and troubleshooting issues ...  so far I've compared folder keyword types and doc types on both Child Folders, and they are the same.  Folder Types values are also the same.  

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

DM

1 REPLY 1

Carly_Chung
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Good morning, and thank you for your question.

There are several settings you can check when troubleshooting folder auto-creation. Some of them are rather basic, but they're still worth checking.

1. Make sure the parent Folder Type has the "Auto-Create Child Folders" setting selected on the "Settings" tab in Folder Type Configuration. (It's possible the Documents Folder Type is being created through auto-foldering instead of auto-creation.)
  2. Make sure "Do Not Auto-Create This Folder" is NOT selected for the Award Letters Folder Type (on the "Settings" tab in Folder Type Configuration).
  3. Does the Award Letters Folder Type have "All Keywords Needed to Auto-Create" selected? If so, then the folder will be auto-created only if all of its assigned Keyword Types will be indexed. (For example, the document that creates the parent folder must be able to provide values for all of the Award Letters Keyword Types.)
  4. Does the Award Letters Folder Type have "Only Required Keywords Needed to Auto-Create" selected? If so, check whether the Award Letters Folder Type has any required keywords configured. (On the "Keyword Types" tab in Folder Type Configuration, click "Options." If any Keyword Type has "Keyword field is required for new folders" set to TRUE, then the folder will only be auto-created if the Keyword Type has a value.)

Also consider where the parent folder is being created. After you configure folder auto-creation, the OnBase Client will respect the configuration once it is restarted. For Core-based modules (like the Web Client), the configuration will not be respected until the Application Server's cache or application pool is reset. (Caution: Recycling the Application Server's application pool disconnects users who are currently connected to the Application Server. Any unsaved work by those users will be lost.)

I hope this information helps.

-Carly

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.