cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Search Results Order in Multiple OnBase Applications

Robin_Ludwig
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are upgrading to v11.0.2 with the Thick Client, Web client, Outlook Integration 2010 and Office Business Application 2010.  Currently with v10, the search results come back differently for all 4 applications and returns are using the Auto-name string as the "Name" on the hitlist. I have been asked to ensure result list continuity amongst all applications with the "date of document" KW to identify the results order.  How do I configure retrieval lists for all applications to present in a specific result order?  I am hoping that this can be done in Configuration for all applications.

Thanks! Smile

10 REPLIES 10

Not applicable

To follow up, you don't need the WAMCon to set the default context, control bar, and ID for the Web Client.  All of these changes can be made directly in the AppNet web.config as well.  You would simply edit the <DefaultContextInfo> section with the desired configuration:

The WAMCon just makes things a little easier.

Going back to the idea of setting a default Custom Query for Web Client users...you can also have individual users "Favorite" their desired Custom Query so that when they login each time, they will be directed right to that Custom Query.  If you chose this option, you would not need to set a default context in web.config as discussed above.

Users would simply need to login to the Web Client and bring up their desired Custom Query.  Once they have done so, click the "Favorite" icon and choose "Add to Favorites".

Then click the "Favorite" icon again and choose "Set as Home Page".  After doing this, the user will be brought back to this Custom Query when they login to the Web Client. 

Users can remove this from their Favorites at any time using the "Delete" option.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Andy Gonzalez

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.