cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Search Results Order in Multiple OnBase Applications

Robin_Ludwig
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are upgrading to v11.0.2 with the Thick Client, Web client, Outlook Integration 2010 and Office Business Application 2010.  Currently with v10, the search results come back differently for all 4 applications and returns are using the Auto-name string as the "Name" on the hitlist. I have been asked to ensure result list continuity amongst all applications with the "date of document" KW to identify the results order.  How do I configure retrieval lists for all applications to present in a specific result order?  I am hoping that this can be done in Configuration for all applications.

Thanks! Smile

10 REPLIES 10

Robin_Ludwig
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thank you, John.  Which clients accept a default Custom Query and how is a Custom Query configured then applied to the applications?

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

In the Thick Client, under User Options, in the Startup tab, you can check the "Custom Query List" box, so custom queries will automatically display whenever that user logs in to the thick client.

In the web client, I'm pretty sure you can change the web.config to default the view to Custom Queries (instead of Document Retrieval), but I don't remember the exact change to make. Note that this affects ALL users logging in to that web server.

In both of the above examples, they would still need to select which custom query to use. I don't think there's a way to default to a specific custom query, other than possibly using StatusView in the Web Client.

I'm not sure about the other clients.

Not applicable

Hello,

In the Web Client, you can default to the Custom Query interface and you can specify the default Custom Query you would like to display.  You set this up via the Web Application Management Console (WAMCon).

To configure this, launch the WAMCon and choose your Web Server (AppNet) virtual directory.  Open the "Navigation Panel" interface.  Then set the Default Context to "Document" and Default Control Bar to "CustomQuery".  Then set the Default Context ID to the Custom Query ID you would like to default to upon login.

So when users login, they will be brought to that specific Custom Query.  As John stated above, configuring your Web Server in this fashion will affect all users logging into that Web Server.  Hope this helps!

Thank you,
Andy Gonzalez

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Where is this WAMCon? Is it installed as part of the web server? I haven't seen it before. Was it introduced in a newer version?

Not applicable

Hello John,

The WAMCon was introduced in OnBase version 9.0.  The default installation location is C:\Program Files\Hyland\Web Applications Management Console.

Thanks,
Andy Gonzalez

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.