Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Checkboxes in E-Form

Eric_Banks1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am trying to create an e-form and I have two questions:

1. I have multiple checkboxes on my e-form and when I submit the e-form all the checkboxes get checked if any checkboxes are checked. Is there a special way to configure the e-form to prevent this?

2. Is it possible to have a system property populate a keyword? For an example, I have a hidden box that is suppose to populate with the username who is logged in (who is subimtting the document). But when I look at the keywords for the document OBProperty_CurrentUserName is in the keyword field. I think i have the wrong syntax. Here is the coding I used

<input type="hidden" name="OBKey_UserName_1" value="OBProperty_CurrentUserName" />

4 REPLIES 4

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

1. I have multiple checkboxes on my e-form and when I submit the e-form all the checkboxes get checked if any checkboxes are checked. Is there a special way to configure the e-form to prevent this?

If you only want 1 option selected either use radio buttons or select list (single select).

If you must have multiple check boxes that can be selected you will need to increase the instance number for each keyword checkbox (EX: OBKey__101_1, OBKey__101_2)

2. Is it possible to have a system property populate a keyword? For an example, I have a hidden box that is suppose to populate with the username who is logged in (who is subimtting the document).

The formating is

<input type="hidden" name="OBProperty_CurrentUserName" />

<input type="hidden" name="OBKey_UserName_1" />

You will need to leverage Javascript  (onformload with Body) or Workflow to copy the system property to a keyword field.

Eric_Banks1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

The multiple check boxes I have are not assigned to a keyword, I want them to just be visible when they view the document but not something they search upon for the document.

Radio buttons would not be an option because they can choose only one, or multiple, or all. And a select list would not be possible without some creatviity because underneath each check box label is a nested list so I would have to be creative to display this list when items are selected in the select list.

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

I am not sure why all your checkboxes get set to true on submit without looking at your code. I tested a standard eform with checkboxes on my system and am not having this issue.

Maybe this example will help you.

Here is the Sample Code I used:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" ><head>    <title>Untitled Page</title></head><body bgcolor="LightGray"><form method="post" name="mainfrm">    Description <input name="OBKey_Description_1" type="text" /><br />    <input id="Checkbox1" name="c1" type="checkbox" /> option 1<br />    <input id="Checkbox2" name="c2" type="checkbox" /> option 2<br />    <input id="Checkbox3" name="c3" type="checkbox" /> option 3<br />    <input id="Checkbox4" name="c4" type="checkbox" /> option 4<br />    <input id="Checkbox5" name="c5" type="checkbox" /> option 5<br /><input class="obbutton" name="OBBtn_Save" type="submit" value="Save" />&nbsp;<input class="obbutton" name="OBBtn_Cancel" type="submit" value="Cancel" />    </form></body></html>

I made the mistake of naming all the checkboxes the same name, by naming them different it worked great.

I'll look into the javascript or wokflow to add the username to a keyword.

Thanks for the help.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.