cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Retention - Delete / Purge / Re-index / Hold / Release

Kevin_Ray
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have both Static and Dynamic Document Retention configured for a few Doc Types. I understand the need for a Purge processor to be run (manually or scheduled) to actually Delete / Purge the documents. However, I did expect that manual Delete and Re-index functions would NOT work from the regular document function options. What is not configured or running that needs to be?

What User permission needs to be turned on to see the Document Retention right-click menu that would allow for override of the Document Retention policies and allow for manual delete, re-index, hold and hold release?  This menu does not appear to be working for the doc types I have Document Retention configured for.

THANKS!!!

1 REPLY 1

Paul_Kegler
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Under Configuration Rights, the user must have the Process Configuration option selected to be able to access Document Retention from the Import menu.

The following privileges must be assigned to the user group via User Groups/Rights to enable selective retention functions in the Client module:

• Doc Retention Exclusion – Enables the Exclude from Document Retention function on the right-click menu of the document search results list. This function is used to override a document from being purged or evaluated when a Document Retention processor is run.

• Doc Retention Remove Exclusion – Enables the Remove Exclusion from Document Retention function on the right-click menu of the document search results list. This function is used to override an exclusion setting (include the document) in the purge process when a Document Retention processor is run.